Saturday, January 5, 2008

We're Engaged!!!

I am beyond excited to be writing this post!! For those of you that do not know yet, Adam and I got engaged on Dec. 21st. He had given me tickets to see Jersey Boys for my birthday. So on that Friday we went to dinner and then to the show. If anyone even remotely likes Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons....Go see this show if you have a chance!!! It was so entertaining and the songs are still in my head. Adam had told me that he made reservations for dessert across the street from the theater at Italian Village. I thought that was kind of odd but maybe this was just him extending my birthday gift. The waiter sat us at a private booth and then Adam went to the restroom and came back with a wrapped gift. It was a larger box (not ring box size). I was a little nervous opening this but found it was diamond earrings (which were really pretty). He gave me these as another b-day present but mainly to throw me off. It totally worked! We had dessert and then headed home in a cab (me thinking how it was going to be awhile before we got engaged). When we got out of the cab, Adam suggested we walk to the park next to our building. There is a gazeebo in the park and he proposed in there (he even got down on one knee on the wet pavement)! After a lot of crying I said Yes :) It was all very romantic and perfect. He did a good job picking out the ring and did his share of learning all about diamonds. I am still making calls to family and friends so if I have not talked to you yet, I apologize! Here is a picture we took right after the proposal! We're thinking spring 2009!

4 comments:

Anderson said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited! I told Scott after you had called that you had better be engaged!!!!! Aunt Karen and Uncle Darrell confirmed it!!
I'm going to call you soon, I promise!!! You can give me more details and let me know what your plans are so far! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask! We Rankin girls have planned a wedding or two!
Love and miss ya!
Kim

ps - Connie Friedrich asked how she could comment on your blog. I don't think she has a username and I wondered if you had the setting for allowing anonymous users turned off.

Rhandi said...

You can tell her that I changed the setting. Thanks for the heads up! I am heading down on sunday for two bridal show things in Peoria. Let the planning begin :) Talk to you soon!

Anderson said...

Why doesn't anybody else comment on your blog! It makes me sad!

Anonymous said...

HI, randi, we are all so excited for you, yeah!!!!!! we cant wait, sorry it took me so long to get on here and write!! Kims is so quick! Nick was jumping up and down!!